Friday, March 10, 2017

A handful of Hittys


I have been happily employed making Hittys from Joyce's wonderful Crochet Hitty pattern, which you can find here:

Hitty: A crochet doll

She is very simple to make, and just the perfect, slender bodied Hitty.  My girls are, from left to right, Hitty Daisy, Hitty Rose, and Hitty Ivy.  Each of them have tights crocheted on with Knit Picks Stroll fingering weight yarn, with bodies of Knit Picks Palette, and hair a combination of Palette and a laceweight mohair.

Here is a nightgown pattern to share as well; the flowers are crocheted with size 12 perle cotton, which is pretty fine.  I used an Irish rose pattern and a simple forget-me-not pattern from my pattern stash.  You could use your own favorite flower pattern, or embroider or silk embroider the flowers, or simply tie a silk ribbon to the front.

Crochet Hitty Nightgown

Sweet Dreams!

And all of my Hittys are looking for a new home!

Hittys Beth, Virginia, Serenata, Martha, and Melinda

After moving the books off the top shelf, the girls think this will be a perfect place!


16 comments:

  1. Oh how delightful are they, love how you made them all look different, super cute, was trying to see all those dolls books you have on the shelf below LOL.... X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber! I should make a list of all the dollmaking books I have; probably more than the lending library :-)

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your dolls!
    I wished that there were more hours in the day so I could crochet all the dolls on my to do list! Maybe I will have more time when my three kids are bigger 🙈🙉🙊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so lucky to be able to crochet whenever I want, which is usually all day :-) But even a little hooking at night (no pun intended) is a good way to end the day!

      Thank you for your kind words,

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. River, I bet you could borrow it from the library, or purchase a copy from Amazon or from Gail Wilson's website. I know she carries a paperback version for $6.99

      It is a wonderful tale; the doll truly comes to life :-)

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
    2. for anyone who is interested in the book you can get it on Amazon just about to buy the kindle version for 99p uk..

      Delete
  4. I was very happy with the way the Nightie turned out; so glad you like it!

    warmly,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet! They all look very happy in their new apartment. We are very strong supporters of "shelf life" here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen! Your latest post inspired my Hittys to find a good shelf to live in :-)

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  6. Hello, Beth! I love your Hittys--did you make the wood ones, too? I have a question about your Peg doll with modified Hitty Body. Does this doll end up being 6.5 inches tall, like a regular Hitty? Can you dress the peg doll in Hitty-sized clothes? I am getting ready to make a "Hitty Twig" for both myself and my pen pal. Please do let me know, and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am no carver, so I do not make wooden Hitty's. For the different type of Hitty's on this blog, there are several clothing patterns. I think 'regular' Hitty clothing might be a bit big on these dolls. Look along the left sidebar for the Hitty on this blog that you want to make, and there should be some clothing patterns to make as well.

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete